Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 19 - Galaxy Nails! A first attempt!

Day 19 for the 31 day challenge was Galaxy Nails. I was stumped a little bit when i first say this on the list. "What the heck are galaxy nails!?" Thanks to good old Google Image my question was answered. I ran into this tutorial (her tutorials are all very simple and easy to follow btw!) by cutepolish HERE and went to town!

My final results!
My middle nail is a bit of a nub status - it broke off Thursday morning at work. I decided to just deal with one shorter - with the challenge I didn't want to shorten the others and loose the extra space to work with. Once the challenge is over I will shorten the others to even it out a little - and by then the nub hopefully wont be quite as "nubby"! :)



Here is what I used!
  • Base - Zoya Raven - one coat followed by one coat of Seche Vite so I didn't have to wait forever to start the sponging.  (the little plate pictured - I picked a couple of these up the last time we were at the Asian Market. They are inexpensive, work well for pools for dotting, painting, and sponging, and they clean up suuuuper easy with a little acetone!)
  • Nebulas - (in order of use) OPI Skull & Crossbones, The NailJunkie Daffodil, Zoya Mia, and China Glaze First Mate. These were all sponged on by dipping the torn pieces of the makeup sponge into a small pool of polish, holding it with the tweezers. 
  • Stars - OPI Alpine Snow - I used the small pointed tip of one of my dotting tools for the small stars (couldn't find our toothpicks at the time - next time I'll use those for sure) and then the smallest ball tip for the larger stars.
  • Top - I used China Glaze Fairy Dust to add a starry sparkle to finished product. 
  • Top Coat - a layer of Seche Vite for shine and protection. 









7 comments:

Comments, feedback, questions, and suggestions are appreciated. I do take time to read each and every comment and try my hardest to reply at my earliest convenience. Please do not leave your blog link in the comment box, or asking me to join/take a look at your blog. If you do, I will still read your comment, but it will be removed. I have incorporated CommentLuv to allow links to be shared, but not spammed. Any additional requests feel free to e-mail me and I would be happy to discuss them with you! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover