Sunday, May 20, 2012

May Beauty VoxBox!

I joined Influenster a while back, completed a ton of their badges and finally got the exciting email that I will be getting a VoxBox this month to try out and review! I was very excited with what was inside and started using my goodies almost immediately!




Here's what I received!

Dr Scholl's for Her Ball of Foot Cushions 
ChapStick Lip SHIELD 356
Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips - Leopard Print
Sheer Cover Duo Concealer
Bath & Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist in Moonlit Path
AVEENO Daily Moisturizing Body Wash
SOYJOY Bar in Strawberry

I was already familiar with many of these brands, however, some o f these specific products were new to me. Here are my thoughts so far!


Dr Scholl's for Her Ball of Foot Cushions: These I have not tried, nor do I know if I will. Living in AZ I pretty much live in my flip flops 365 occasionally wearing sneakers here and there. I am thinking about giving them to my mom to use and to give me her reviews on them.

ChapStick Lip SHIELD 356: I was VERY familiar with the brand. It seems as its been around for ever. I was never fond of the plain or cherry flavored versions as they smelled horrible, tasted awful if you happened to lick your lips, and felt like a layer of wax was left behind. This one - not so much. It is very light to feel (I swear by my SoftLips or SUGAR) and didn't sit on my lips like a layer of horrid wax. It smelled pleasant and tasted about the same - It had a light cocoa butter scent to it. I keep it on my desk at work and used it as I normally do in place of my usuals. I was very impressed with this - and plan to continue using it. This little sucker has an SPF 50+ which is amazing, especially for those of you outside in the sun a lot.  I already recommended this to my friend as she swears by the "plain icky version".

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips - Leopard Print: These I am VERY familiar with - I have several boxes of these in my nail art drawer. They look fantastic, easy to apply and easy to remove. My ONLY complaint about these is that because they're "real nail polish" they dry out and what ever you don't use after opening the package is useless. I love the patterns they offer - but I feel that they're too busy to wear on all ten nails. They're fantastic to use for accent nails, tips, or any other fun ideas, but its a one time use package - which can be hard to justify for around $7 a box. But this part is only my personal opinion, as they also offer solid colors. Overall I love them and think they're fantastic - especially for those who might nt have the ability or patience to paint their nail art. This provides easy, instant, and consistently perfect results without the stress!

Sheer Cover Duo Concealer: This is one of the items that I haven't tried out yet. I don't typically wear make-up during the week. Getting up at 530am and not being a morning person, also makes me not a make up person. haha! I will be next weekend for sure - and I will update with my thoughts at that time!

Bath & Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist in Moonlit Path: I have to avoid Bath & Body Works unless I am out or need gifts because I cannot leave without an armful of items! I am obsessed with their WallFlowers, hand soaps, hand sanitizers, and lotions. I have never been the body mist type of person - because I use the scented lotions, and this was a scent I never tried or used. I have horrible allergies and flowery scented perfumes, lotions, etc tend to make like not so happy. This is one of the reasons why I love this store - they always have a great selection of fruity scents that I can enjoy and wear. So when I popped the cap off this to smell it I was a little weary and ready to start sneezing (or without fail if I were saying that - I would say "Snart Steezing" hehe). But I did not. I love this scent. I don't think I would pick up the lotion, as I think It would be a bit overwhelming - but I enjoy this scent. I have been using it all week, spraying it on before leaving for work. Its a great light daytime scent that isn't flowery or musky. 

AVEENO Daily Moisturizing Body Wash: Ah, Aveeno. I love their lotions! I have crazy dry skin, especially during the winter its all I will use. Its also fantastic for healing tattoos! I have only used the body wash for the first time with this sample, and for a couple of days. So far, I like it. I was a little suprised when I first used it as the scent, smelling similar to their lotions, was very strong. Of course it mellows out after using it and rinsing off. It is also light, clear and has a low viscosity - which differs from their other products of rich creams. Most body washes I use are creamier and create a rich foam, this is a light foam but seems to do the trick! So far - I like it. I plan on continuing to use it for a better opinion. 

SOYJOY Bar in Strawberry: I took this to work to have for breakfast the following day. This one - I can live without, honestly. While the consistency and initial flavor wasn't bad - the ending texture and taste was not so much. When I opened the bar I was greeted with a fresh strawberry scent and a squared cakey bar. The initial taste was a soft bread-like bar with chunks of strawberry and raisins. So far - not too bad, fruity, fresh, a bread-like texture, and a little sweet. After finishing my first bite, and those following, each was ended with remnants of a grainy texture that tasted like cardboard. That goodness I had my iced tea that morning to cleat that after taste out. I think this one really comes down to personal preference and trying it out yourself. I mean - they weren't terrible, but I'm not going to run out an buy them either. I could eat them again, but I wont rant and rave that its my favorite bar in the world. 


Did you get a Beauty Voxbox? What were your thoughts on these items? Agree? Disagree? 


**I received each product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, feedback, questions, and suggestions are appreciated. I do take time to read each and every comment and try my hardest to reply at my earliest convenience. Please do not leave your blog link in the comment box, or asking me to join/take a look at your blog. If you do, I will still read your comment, but it will be removed. I have incorporated CommentLuv to allow links to be shared, but not spammed. Any additional requests feel free to e-mail me and I would be happy to discuss them with you! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover