Tuesday, June 12, 2012

News on Pedal Faster Suzi!

This was my first newsprint mani attempt. I have seen so many photos of this mani on white or grey bases - well white looks very strange on my nails to me, and I really need to get some other greys that I can use more frequently. Any suggestions? Please? Haha!  I deiceded to give this a shot on a pastel shade. I thought this pink was perfect - its light enough to not overpower the print and has that great shimmer I love so much about this color! So lets get to the photos shall we?


Base Color: OPI Pedal Faster Suzi - 3 coats
Newspaper - Arizona Republic ;)
Top Coat - Seche Vite

I cut small squares of the newspaper. Then I would dip my nail into 70% Isopropyl Alcohol for a couple seconds. I would place a square on my nail and press it onto my nail, using a alcohol-dipped Q-Tip to press in the sides and moisten any sections that are dry - but careful not to let the paper slide around. There is enough alcohol on the nail from soaking it to absorb into the paper and create the transfer. Last I slowly lifted the paper off my nail, let it dry and added topcoat.




1 comment:

  1. OMG, so coooool! I love Pedal Faster Suzi and this is just icing on the cake:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments, feedback, questions, and suggestions are appreciated. I do take time to read each and every comment and try my hardest to reply at my earliest convenience. Please do not leave your blog link in the comment box, or asking me to join/take a look at your blog. If you do, I will still read your comment, but it will be removed. I have incorporated CommentLuv to allow links to be shared, but not spammed. Any additional requests feel free to e-mail me and I would be happy to discuss them with you! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover