Friday, August 10, 2012

Illamasqua Baptiste ~VS~ NARS Purple Rain

Before I discovered that my Fantasy Fire, really isn't Fantasy Fire (This still makes me a sad panda!) I was paining my nails with NARS Purple Rain, and I began to think it was very similar to Illamasqua's Baptiste. 

Are they dupes?

I used 2 coats of each.

Bottle shot


First & Ring finger - NARS Purple Rain
Middle & Pinky finger - Illamasqua Baptiste


First & Ring finger - NARS Purple Rain
Middle & Pinky finger - Illamasqua Baptiste



Left - NARS Purple Rain
Right - Illamasqua Baptiste



First & Ring finger - NARS Purple Rain
Middle & Pinky finger - Illamasqua Baptiste


They are pretty darn close to me! Illamasqua seems to be just slightly darker in the photos. But both have the same red & blue shimmer to them. The formula of both is wonderfully equal. These are still of my favorite purple lacquers and I am happy to have both. Purple rain was my first NARS, and Baptiste is my first and only Illamasqua!

What do you think of the two?

2 comments:

  1. My definition of a dupe: When an average person simply cannot tell the difference between the two. I can't really see a different without scrutinizing it. Totally duped.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, feedback, questions, and suggestions are appreciated. I do take time to read each and every comment and try my hardest to reply at my earliest convenience. Please do not leave your blog link in the comment box, or asking me to join/take a look at your blog. If you do, I will still read your comment, but it will be removed. I have incorporated CommentLuv to allow links to be shared, but not spammed. Any additional requests feel free to e-mail me and I would be happy to discuss them with you! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover