Sunday, August 5, 2012

Max Factor Fantasy Fire...or is it?

So I have had this little bottle sitting in my drawer for months - having yet to use it. I finally decided to use it a week ago, but I'm a little stumped...

What I see sure looks a lot more like Nfu-Oh's 51 - while I dont own this - I have yet to see a Fantasy Fire swatch showing the flakes it it. Either way, Im not upset, it still looks pretty darn amazing! I suppose this polish will have to go back on the lemming list though.

Take a look at these and tell me what you think...

I really so love this layered on Purple Rain. This is one of my favorite purple lacquers - The blue and red shimmer it has in it keeps me looking at my nails all day. Then with this added...well you can only imagine!

Max Factor - Fantasy Fire - 1 coat
Base color: NARS - Purple Rain - 2 coats
Top Coat - None






Taken in Sunlight through the window
Top Coat added - NYC - In a New York Minute 



So what are your thoughts...Not really Fantasy Fire? As I mentioned above - I have never seen fantasy Fire photos with these larger flakes, but nothing on the bottle shows it's not real, or has been tampered with - it was brand new when I received it. I still love it, but its time to look for the real lemming of mine!

7 comments:

  1. I have Fantasy Fire and it definitely does NOT have flakies like that! How strange! That one does look a lot like Nfu Oh 51 instead of Fantasy Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can't find the original, Darling Diva's Ringer is basically a dupe of it.
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/105074562/ringer-nail-polish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats right! Thank you for mentioning that - I havent been on her etsy store in a while!

      Delete
  3. Thats really odd. Mine doesn't have large flakies in it either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah weird, the color flash looks all wrong- mine doesn't have flakies either hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its very pretty, but it doesnt really look like Fantasy Fire... Odd...

    ReplyDelete

Comments, feedback, questions, and suggestions are appreciated. I do take time to read each and every comment and try my hardest to reply at my earliest convenience. Please do not leave your blog link in the comment box, or asking me to join/take a look at your blog. If you do, I will still read your comment, but it will be removed. I have incorporated CommentLuv to allow links to be shared, but not spammed. Any additional requests feel free to e-mail me and I would be happy to discuss them with you! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover