Wednesday, August 1, 2012

OPI DS Magic ~VS~ Sally Hansen HD Laser

Last Friday I got some nailmail and one of the items included was Sally Hansen HD in Laser. When I sat down at my desk and turned on my lamp it started to look very familiar. I went for my OPI drawer and grabbed DS Magic and a nail wheel to see how this turned out! 

The fun thing is, as I was taking photos of each layer, Ashley on Creative Nail Fun on Facebook posted the photos of the bottles and that she found them to be dupes as well! 


Bottle Shots

                                      


In all the photos below, Sally Hansen HD Laser is on the left nail, and OPI DS Magic is on the right.

One Coat



Two Coats



Three Coats



 Four Coats

Final Results... they are very very close! Magic is fully opaque in less coats, and the blue seems to be a little darker, but not by much, Im sure if you went as far as adding a fifth coat to Laser it would darken it just a little bit more. For me, five coats, is a little much after you factor in a base coat and topcoat. But for someone looking for something similar with a smaller pricetag, you really cant go wrong.

Have you compared these two yet? What to you thing about them?

3 comments:

  1. at 4 coats they almost look the same ?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both colours are very similar. I also want to invite you to check out my blog giveaway of 3 Barry M nail polishes :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments, feedback, questions, and suggestions are appreciated. I do take time to read each and every comment and try my hardest to reply at my earliest convenience. Please do not leave your blog link in the comment box, or asking me to join/take a look at your blog. If you do, I will still read your comment, but it will be removed. I have incorporated CommentLuv to allow links to be shared, but not spammed. Any additional requests feel free to e-mail me and I would be happy to discuss them with you! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover