Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Julep's January Maven Box - The Swatches!

Hello Beauties!

Today I have part 2 of my Julep January Maven Box! The first part shared everything that was inside and a review of the products I received. You can view that post HERE. I split them up to avoid one post overflowing with photos!

I found it a little odd that Julep is kicking the New Year off with a collection of summer neons. I mean, Its still cold and snowy in places other than AZ, our highs are in the 80's (no we aren't lucky - it's ridiculous for temps that warm in January!) I do have to admit though. Its nice to see neons, in the middle of the usual pastel lines releasing for spring. So enough of this before I get into a rant! On with it already!


So when I saw the previews to select my box and any add ons, I was pretty excited to add some neons to my collection. After using them a little, I was a little disappointed. The reason why I don't have many neons is because the formula is different, and with some, difficult to work with. While I used thin careful coats and allowed ample time between to prevent bubbling - they all still bubbled. This became a little frustrating. I am afraid that, while I do love the colors, that these will be used for "Jelly Sandwich" style manis and bases for glitters to hide the almost unavoidable bubbles. Another thing with a lot of neons, is that they don't dry to a shine. They have more of a rubber-like finish to them. I didn't use a top coat on and of these so you can see how they dry.


Julep Teresa - 2 coats
No Bast or Top Coat

This was a very pretty nude shimmer polish. While Im not the biggest nude fan, this one was pretty, and I can use it as a base for some glitters!

LuminousLacquer.com Julep - Teresa

LuminousLacquer.com Julep - Teresa


LuminousLacquer.com Julep - Teresa


Julep Bette - 3 coats
No Bast or Top Coat

I am a fan of this shade. This one seemed to give me the least trouble with the bubbling as well. I can see having some fun with this and gradients!


LuminousLacquer.com Julep - Bette

LuminousLacquer.com Julep - Bette

LuminousLacquer.com Julep - Bette



Julep Fiona - 2 coats
No Bast or Top Coat

I really enjoyed this green! And as many of you have read - I don't care for green fingernails! It was very appropriately named, and makes me wonder if they intended the Shrek reference. 


LuminousLacquer.com Julep - Fiona

LuminousLacquer.com Julep - Fiona

LuminousLacquer.com Julep - Fiona




Julep Madison - 2 coats
No Bast or Top Coat


LuminousLacquer.com Julep - Madison

LuminousLacquer.com Julep - Madison

LuminousLacquer.com Julep - Madison


Have you tried out any of Juleps new neons?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, feedback, questions, and suggestions are appreciated. I do take time to read each and every comment and try my hardest to reply at my earliest convenience. Please do not leave your blog link in the comment box, or asking me to join/take a look at your blog. If you do, I will still read your comment, but it will be removed. I have incorporated CommentLuv to allow links to be shared, but not spammed. Any additional requests feel free to e-mail me and I would be happy to discuss them with you! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover